The Lost Unicorn
In yet another outlandish claim to come out of North Korea historians have allegedly announced that they have unearthed a unicorn lair.
A report released by the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences claims that archaeologists discovered the lair of the mythical animal just outside a temple in the capital Pyongyang.
And, unsurprisingly, the lair – according to the report – means that Pyongyang was the focal point of an ancient, united Korea.
The unbelievable news does however follow a number of bizarre claims to come out of the country.
It has been suggested, however, that the release of the story could be in retaliation against a spoof North Korea related story which tricked a newspaper in China.
- North Korea Has Found a Secret Unicorn Lair, Apparently (theatlanticwire.com)
- North Korean Archeologists Discover Ancient Unicorn Lair (Seriously) (gizmodo.com)
- Unicorn Lair in North Korea? Surely, the Communist Government Is Kidding, Right? (kotaku.com)
- North Korea Finds Ancient Unicorn Lair, Because Sure, Why Not (geekosystem.com)
- Unicorn lair in North Korea. I don’t even… (doubtfulnews.com)
- North Korean archiologists find… a unicorn lair (vr-zone.com)
- North Korea ‘archeologists’ report unbelievable discovery of unicorn lair (telegraph.co.uk)
- Evidence of unicorn found, says North Korean news agency (macleans.ca)
- North Korea claims discovery of an ancient UNCORN lair (thesun.co.uk)