Obama the Greek: A Hollywood Drama
Buying some time till November.
Ahead of the G8 summit at Camp David, a warning from the ratings agency Fitch that Greece’s days in the single currency could be numbered heightened fears in Washington that the worsening crisis in the eurozone poses a threat to America’s fragile recovery and President Obama’s re-election chances.
- Now Why Would He Do That? Barack Obama Asks Eurozone To Keep Greece In Until After American Election Day (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Merkel says she ‘doesn’t care’ if Greece is forced to leave the eurozone as country given one ‘last chance’ to avoid bankruptcy (dailymail.co.uk)
- UK News: Cameron hails ECB stance on euro (walesonline.co.uk)
- Obama and Merkel Want Greece in the Eurozone Despite the Greek Government’s Failure to Meet Austerity Conditions (reason.com)
- US urges eurozone against Greek exit ahead of presidential elections, say reports (ekathimerini.com)