Israelis killed in Bulgaria bus terror attack
Vania Valkova, director of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry press office, said that at least seven people were killed and about 30 injured in the explosion in a parking lot outside Burgas Airport, on the Black Sea coast.
The Foreign Ministry said six died and 32 people were injured, with three in intensive care.
Venelin Petkov, a reporter for bTV in Bulgaria, said that three of those hospitalized were in critical condition. There were contradictory reports on Bulgarian injuries.
The bus was scheduled to carry about 47 passengers to a resort. Bulgaria has become a popular destination for Israelis.
The Israelis had just arrived from Tel Aviv and were supposed to go to a beach resort about 50 kilometers (30 miles) away.
The explosion came on the 18th anniversary of the attack on a Jewish community center in the Argentinian capital, Buenos Aires, in which 85 people were killed.
»Israelis killed in Bulgaria bus terror attack, minister says
- Explosion targets Israeli tourists in Bulgaria – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Blast on Israeli bus in Bulgaria (bbc.co.uk)
- 3 Israelis Reported Killed in Bus Blast in Bulgaria (nytimes.com)
- Israel blames Iran in deadly Bulgaria bus blast – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Three dead in ‘attack’ on Israelis at Bulgaria airport (dailystar.com.lb)
- Four dead in attack on Israelis in Bulgaria, Iran blamed (dawn.com)
- Israelis killed in Bulgaria bus suicide bombing (thejc.com)
- Blast hits Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria; 3 dead (cbsnews.com)
- SUICIDE BOMBING: Jews on vacation in Bulgaria … Hunted Down and Murdered (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Photo: Burnt bus as seen at Bulgaria’s Burgas airport (riehlworldview.com)