The Snuggery: 90 min of cuddling WITHOUT the sex
‘I always start out spooning and I am pretty small, so usually I’m the little spoon’
By Victoria Wellman
PUBLISHED: 16:29 GMT, 12 July 2012 | UPDATED: 07:06 GMT, 13 July 2012
Jacqueline Samuel, 29, from Penfield, NY, opened The Snuggery last month, a place where, from upwards of $60, clients can snuggle with the petite Master’s student in a strictly non-sexual context.
Sessions of up to 90 minutes take place in a private room while friends and family members mill around the house offering protection from any over-enthusiastic clients.
For customers interested in Jackie’s services, most of whom are men, she admits, a series of FAQs provides information about what clothing to wear and what kind of behaviour is appropriate.
Sexual arousal, reads the website, ‘is perfectly normal and should not make anyone feel uncomfortable,’ but acting on those impulses is forbidden.
The cozy cuddler is not yet drawing enough clients however to give up her real estate day job.
‘It’s cuddling. Either you want it or you don’t,’ she reasoned.
An advocate of the notion that ‘touch’ is a healing activity of which most Americans are deprived, Ms Samuel believes that just a few minutes of cuddling can relieve stress and aggravation for up to five days.
Studies show snuggling lowers blood pressure and stress.
To avoid charges for missed appointments, please cancel 24 hours prior to appointment time!
- Snuggling: The Hottest Business Out? (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Woman Starts Snuggling Business! (amp.cbslocal.com)
- Woman Starts Snuggling Business (gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com)
- This Woman Charges $1 A Minute To Cuddle You (businessinsider.com)
- Woman starts professional snuggling service (wmur.com)
- Roch. woman starts “snuggling” business (wivb.com)
- A Blow-Up Doll With Manners and a Sensitive Side? (confessionsofababymama.wordpress.com)