Nude painted model arrested, frisked
The model filed suit against the city and the arresting officers, seeking unspecified damages for a false arrest.
The incident happened last August 30, when Zoe West was posing at the corner of Broadway and West 44th Street and stepped out of her G-string for the final touches of artist Andy Golub’s full-body paint job.
West’s lawyer, Ron Kuby, said they’d been assured by the city that West wouldn’t be arrested because she was only baring all for an art project, but three cops moved in to bust her. “Visibly unnerved by Ms. West’s removal of her panties, Sgt. [Anthony] Fusaro told Ms. he had to ‘bring her in,'” the suit says.
They cuffed the naked West, and used a tarp in their van not to cover her up, but for her to sit on so she wouldn’t get any paint on the seat, Kuby said. She was then taken to the sergeant’s desk in the lobby of the Midtown South Precinct, where she stood clothed only in multi-color paints for about 15 minutes, the suit says.
She was finally handed her clothing and taken to a room to dress, and when she was done, “a female officer searched her, patting her down,” the suit says.
After she sat in the juvenile delinquents’ room for two hours she was released without being charged.
- Nude model suing New York over arrest (upi.com)
- Nude Model Suing New York Over Arrest (personalliberty.com)
- NYPD Posts ‘Wanted’ Flyer Targeting Couple That Legally Videotapes Stop-and-Frisks (ripley8.newsvine.com)
- Performance Artist Sues NYPD For Denying Her Right To Be Naked In Public (NSFW) (thegloss.com)
- Nude paint model sues NY over Times Square arrest (onlineathens.com)
- The NYPD Is Getting Slammed For Stop-And-Frisk And Embellished Crime Numbers (businessinsider.com)
- NYPD Posts ‘Wanted’ Flyer Targeting Couple That Legally Videotapes Stop-And-Frisks (thinkprogress.org)
- NYPD Targets Pair For Filming Stop and Frisk On Residents of Color (crooksandliars.com)