Israeli policeman filmed kicking nine-year-old Palestinian boy in Hebron
[youtube:www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WLNq_4HQM]Hebron: border police officer kicks a palestinian child.
The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories (B’Tselem) published a video taken by one of its volunteers showing an Israeli officer of the Border Police kicking a Palestinian child while another officer held him. The attack took place in Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank.
The child, Abdul-Rahman Burqan, 9, lives with his family near an area used by the Israeli army as a parking lot near the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron.
The video shows an Israeli Border Police officer ambushing the child as he was walking past a corner. One officer grabbed him by the arm, and told him “why are you making trouble?”
The officer then dragged the screaming, terrified child on the ground for a few seconds before another officer kicked him. Soldiers then let the child go and left the area; the child then ran away.
»Settlers Attack Child In Jerusalem
B’Tselem frequently gives video cameras to Palestinian citizens to film possible human rights abuses in the occupied territories. The incident took place in the Israeli-controlled sector of Hebron where Jewish settlers live alongside Palestinians.
The incident follows publication of a Foreign Office-funded report by British lawyers last week citing violations of international law in the detention of children in the West Bank.
The area, close to the Tomb of the Patriarchs and the Ibrahim mosque, has seen recent friction between police and Palestinian boys, and some police officers have complained of stone throwing. The boy’s father, Amer Burqan, said his son had gone to collect soup given out to the poor.
A Border Police statement said such conduct was “contrary to [its] values” and that an investigation had been ordered “immediately”.
»Border police filmed kicking Palestinian boy Abd a-Rahman Burqan in Hebron
The cameraman, Raed Abu Rimle, told the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth: “I heard yelling and I saw a soldier kick a boy in the stomach. After the policemen left him, I approached the kid. He was so scared that he’d pissed his pants.”
»Israeli policeman filmed kicking Palestinian boy
- #VIDEO | Child Abuse | Palestinian child kicked by Israeli Border Police in Hebron (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Caught on video: Israeli policeman kicking Palestinian boy (guardian.co.uk)
- Police officer kicks 9-year-old boy, and Israeli commenters cheer him on (mondoweiss.net)
- Video shows Israeli police attacking Palestinian boy, rights group says (edition.cnn.com)
- Border policeman caught on camera kicking 9-year-old Palestinian (timesofisrael.com)
- Israel police filmed kicking boy (bbc.co.uk)
- Flashback to Jewish Ghettos in Poland under the Nazis: Hebron border police officer kicks a Palestinian child (sott.net)
- Border policeman kicks Palestinian child in Hebron (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Settlers attack Palestinian child in Jerusalem (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Israeli police officer caught kicking Palestinian boy on video | The Raw Story (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)