برو به سلامت: Penis Tattoo Causes Permanent Erection For Iranian Man
To our knowledge, here we report the first case of nonischemic priapism following penile tattooing.
A 21-year-old man, presented with partially rigid penis of 3-month duration. On examination, the penis was half rigid, with a tattoo on its dorsal surface, and a smaller tattoo on the glans.
The patient initially stated that the tattoo had been created years ago, but later admitted that he had it created just before the occurrence of priapism. A traditional tattooist created the tattoo manually, using a handheld needle. Bleeding from deep penile tissue for several days complicated the tattooing.
There was no embolization facility in Kermanshah. In fact, there are few experts in superselective embolization in Iran. We referred the patient for superselective embolization. However, he underwent a nonindicated Sacher procedure. Predictably, the procedure was unsuccessful. At present, the patient continues to have priapism. Because of the painless nature of erections, moderately good preservation of erectile function during intercourses, and disappointment with former surgery, the patient declined further therapies, and he lives with his condition.
Conclusions. Tattooing should be added to the etiologies of nonischemic priapism. Considering this case, we discourage penile tattooing. Zargooshi J, Rahmanian E, Motaee H, and Kohzadi M. Nonischemic priapism following penile tattooing. J Sex Med 2012;9:844–848.
- BMW…Better Than Viagra? (insurancemotorcyclequote.com)
- Tattoos are a matter of taste, not morality (catholicherald.co.uk)
- Painful Erection of Penis, When Penis is in trouble (leenakiri.typepad.com)
- Government Workers in Osaka Forced to Admit If They Have Tattoos [Tattoos] (jezebel.com)
- Man’s lawsuit after ‘BMW motorbike ride left him aroused for 2 years’ (thesun.co.uk)
- Japanese City Cracks Down on Tattoos (abcnews.go.com)
- Man sues BMW claiming motorbike gave him 2-year erection (boingboing.net)