Richard Wagner’s Ring: Baring it all
For his latest art installation titled The Ring, American artist Spencer Tunick gathered hundreds of naked volunteers to mark the the opening of the 2012 Munich opera season.
Tunick, known worldwide for his nude installations, recreated scenes from Richard Wagner’s opera Der Ring des Nibelungen.
Volunteers were painted either red or gold and brought to several locations around Munich, Germany for the installation commissioned by the Bavarian State Opera.
- Knickers off! – Spencer Tunick pictures Munich naked (intermezzo.typepad.com)
- Get naked: Spencer Tunick heading to Munich (rt.com)
- Tunick tells Munich: ‘Get your kit off!’ (thelocal.de)
- Israel’s “Spencer Tunick Bill” Attempts to Outlaw Public Nudity (greenprophet.com)
- Spencer Tunick Nude Installation Opens 2012 Munich Opera Festival (laughingsquid.com)
- artful fridays – Spencer Tunick (theartfuldesperado.com)
- Download: Catching Up With Spencer Tunick (nytimes.com)
- Documenting the human body (itsasmallweb.wordpress.com)
- Goin’ to the Chapel…. (chapelofjimmyray.typepad.com)