A new trend for hot days: Naked shopping
Hundreds of naked shoppers flocked to a new German supermarket offering free groceries to customers willing to get their kit off.
Police, photographers and a bemused supermaket manager Nils Sterndorff witnessed the strange scenes at the supermarket opening.
Customers wandered between the aisles studying shopping lists in nothing but their birthday suits.
Mr Sterndorff was overwhelmed by the success of his gimmick: “I never thought a hundred people would come, I thought maybe more like ten,” he said.
But police said about 250 turned up – so many that they were allowed in only in batches of 20 to avoid a crush.
»Police advise on crowd crush as numbers exceed expectations at supermarket event.
- A German Supermarket Offered A Shopping Spree With A Catch: You Had To Be Naked (businessinsider.com)
- Naked Shopping is a Hit (neatorama.com)
- Supermarket Offers Free Groceries to First 100 Naked Shoppers [Video] (gawker.com)
- Naked Shoppers Storm Supermarket (uniquedaily.com)
- Supermarket scores with nudist gimmick (thelocal.de)
- New supermarket gives free goodies to naked shoppers [NSFW] (thezigzagger.com)
- Naked shoppers flock to supermarket opening (purestrange.wordpress.com)
- Naked shoppers turn up for supermarket opening (digitalspy.co.uk)