Help LRA victims in Central African Republic!
Around the 20 March, 2012, 13 young men were brutally killed near a hand-panning gold mine near the village of Bakouma in the eastern Central African Republic. The mutilated bodies were found two days later by staff members of our safari company, Central African Wildlife Adventures (CAWA), which is working in a neighboring area. We immediately alerted the police, who came the following day to make an investigation of the crime scene. The young men had been beaten to death with wooden sticks and machetes, which, according to the Human Rights Watch, indicates that the infamous Joseph Kony and his Lord’s Resistance Army is very likely responsible of the massacre, but no evidence to prove this could be found.
The 13 young men that were killed are leaving families behind, who are in desperate need of support, morally as well as financially. The gold mining business is already a very unsure source of income, especially for those who are doing the actual work on the ground, so already the fact that these men were working at the mine shows that they were not people with a lot of means. When meeting their brutal destiny, they left behind families that were totally depending on the money that they had hoped to get through the gold mining.
Nobody can do everything, but we know that there are a lot of people out there following this case, and together we can make a difference for those who are most affected! We, the management group of CAWA, will personally, with the help of the great knowledge we have of the region, see to the fact that the money is being used in the best way possible. We aim to give direct financial support to the wives and children of the 13 killed young men, who need money for basic things such as food, clothing, scholar fees and health care. If we are able to raise enough funds we will also look at other ways to help people affected by the insecurity in the area and by the LRA in particular. In any case, we will always report back to you what your money is being used for.
If you would like to be a part of this, please transfer your contribution to the following account:
Name and address of bank: Handelsbanken Örebro, Stortorget 5, Box 253, 70145 Örebro, SWEDEN
Name and address of account holder: Emelie Mararv, Irisgatan 48, 703 53 Örebro, SWEDEN
IBAN: SE30 6000 0000 0006 4588 6238
/CAWA management group through Emelie Mararv
»Help us to help LRA victims in Central African Republic!
- US Uses Advanced Intelligence in Fight Against LRA in Central Africa (voanews.com)
- Ugandan LRA ‘commander’ seized (bbc.co.uk)
- Joseph Kony kidnapped 591 children in past three years, UN report reveals (guardian.co.uk)
- Uganda Captures a Top LRA Commander: Voice of America (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- Uganda captures top Kony army member (abc.net.au)
- US special forces help in hunt for warlord Kony (foxnews.com)
- UN: Central African Republic at Critical Juncture (voanews.com)
- You: Ugandan forces capture Kony’s top LRA commander (guardian.co.uk)
- Uganda Extends 2000 Amnesty Act One Year (globalfree.wordpress.com)