Hamas announces cease-fire with Israel
There was no immediate response to the cease-fire announcement from Israel, which said more than 75 rockets had been fired into its territory from Gaza in the past three days. Six Palestinians and one Israeli died between Sunday and Tuesday in a spate of rocket attacks and Israeli airstrikes, officials on both sides reported; Israel also said a Palestinian child was killed when a rocket launch attempt by militants backfired.
Israeli warplanes struck two targets in Gaza on Tuesday in response to the rocket fire, the Israel Defense Forces said. Hamas security sources told CNN the strikes targeted a site used to train Palestinian militants to launch rockets and another training facility run by the Izzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military arm of Hamas, with two people injured.
“We stress that our confrontation with the Zionist enemy in this round was in its minimum in fire and counterattacks,” the brigades said in a statement announcing the deal. It said the agreement includes “all other resistance factions” operating from Gaza, which has been under Hamas control since 2007.
Israel says nearly 300 rockets have been fired into its territory from Gaza since the beginning of 2012.
»Hamas announces cease-fire with Israel
- ‘Palestinians die’ in Gaza strike (bbc.co.uk)
- 8 rockets from Gaza in recent hours; Hamas claims launches (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- 10 rockets from Gaza in recent hours; Hamas claims launches – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- Two Palestinians killed in Israel-Gaza violence surge (dailystar.com.lb)
- Kassam rockets fired into Israel for second time in a day (timesofisrael.com)
- Hamas claims responsibility for rocket fire into Israel – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- #GazaUnderAttack | Israel fires on Gaza Strip, 2 boy 16 year old killed (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian mosque torched in West Bank (kansascity.com)
- Four rockets fired from Gaza at Ashkelon, land in open areas (timesofisrael.com)
- #GazaUnderAttack | June 19, 2012 | Israel raid kills 2 Gaza teens, prompts rare Hamas fire (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
From → The blog