God bless America: It has the best weed in the world
An enlightening conversation with cinematic auteur Oliver Stone about where we might find the stankiest buds on the face of God’s green earth.
SPOILER ALERT: The answer is California.
“We have the best weed in the world; I’m telling you from my own experience of 40 years,” said Stone, who stopped by the show to promote his new film “Savages.” “Vietnamese weed, Thai weed, Jamaican weed, Sudanese weed, it’s all great stuff. But, because Americans are so technically minded (like mad chemists), they’ve taken Afghan seeds from the Afghan War, which is the hypothesis of the movie, and rededicated themselves and made the finest seeds in the world, the finest grass you can smoke.”
Stone went on to slam the federal government’s anti-drug policy. “This drug war is insane,” said the Academy Award-winning director. “I know this first-hand because I was one of its first victims.” “Savages,” based on the best selling novel by author Don Winslow, is the story of a pair of drug-dealing buddies who get tangled up in a violent dispute with a Mexican drug cartel.
- Video: Oliver Stone To Gavin Newsom: ‘We Have The Best Weed In The World’ (sfist.com)
- Oliver Stone Tells Gavin Newsom Of New Drug War Movie ‘Savages’: “We’re A War Country. It Hasn’t Worked.” (thinkprogress.org)
- Oliver Stone: ‘This drug war is insane’ (rawstory.com)
- Cigarettes Vs Weed (tweetmusic.wordpress.com)
- Film Icon To Gavin Newsom: ‘We Have The Best Weed In The World’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Savages’ Trailer: Blake Lively, Weed and Whole Lot of Violence (hollywood.com)
- Two New TV Spots for Oliver Stone’s SAVAGES (collider.com)
- Cannabis Cuisine Moves Beyond The Brownie as Dispensaries Are Threatened (laist.com)
- Lacing weed with promethazine (bryanpruitt1.typepad.com)
- High Times Medical Cannabis Cup Comes To Richmond (eastbayexpress.com)