West Bank: All black. Sheep.
The Palestinian Bedouin refugees
UN agencies in the occupied West Bank reported last month that Israel destroyed 21 homes of Palestinian Bedouin refugees, making 54 people including 35 childrenhomeless.
A joint statement from the refugee agency UNRWA and the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs condemned the April 18 demolition of the structures at Khalayleh, north of Jerusalem, along with the removal the same day of refugees from two houses in occupied East Jerusalem.
“The forced eviction of Palestine refugees and the demolition of Palestinian homes and other civilian structures in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, is contrary to international law,” UNRWA’s West Bank director, Felipe Sanchez, said in the statement.
“We urge the Israeli authorities to find an immediate solution to enable the Palestinian population of the occupied West Bank, to lead a normal life, in full realisation of their rights”, he added.
Israeli officials could not immediately confirm or deny the Khalayleh demolitions.
- UNRWA and OCHA condemn the forced displacement of 67 Palestine refugees in the occupied West Bank (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- UN: Israel displaced 67 Palestinian refugees over week (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Continue to Destroy Israel Palestinian Settlements (socyberty.com)
- UN: Israel displaced 67 Palestinian refugees in the last week (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Nowhere Left to Go (ibncofna.wordpress.com)
- Urgent Alert: Imminent Displacement Risk in the Jerusalem Periphery (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Biased Reuters article on UNRWA filled with lies (ifaynsh.wordpress.com)
- Urgent Alert: Imminent Displacement Risk in the Jerusalem Periphery (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- In West Bank, barrier threatens Roman terraces (sacbee.com)
- Nowhere to Call Home: The Plight of Israel’s Bedouin Communities (abcnews.go.com)