Belize, San Pedro: Color Your Life
This is why they call it La Isla Bonita.
Belize, San Pedro, SunBreeze Entrance – Streetside entrance to a hotel in San Pedro. Photo Richard Lawry aka richies, March 2006.
San Pedro is a town on the southern part of the island of Ambergris Caye in the Belize District of the nation of Belize, in Central America.
According to 2005 mid-year estimates, the town has a population of about 12,400.
It is the second largest city in the Belize District and largest city in the Belize Rural South constituency.
San Pedro was granted the status of a town in 1848.
Its inhabitants are known as San Pedranos.
English is the main language spoken, however many people speak Spanish.
One of the primary industries in the town is tourism, most notably scuba diving.
So many visitors are divers that there is even a hyperbaric decompression chamber on the island, despite its small population. San Pedro Town
- Belize named as a top retirement spot by US News Money (examiner.com)
- A Whale (Shark) of a Time (johnpascoe.wordpress.com)
- Belize not a Tourism Paradise Drug & Human Trafficking (bettyphilips.typepad.com)
- Appeal to Sabre Travel Network: Belize Human Trafficking (bettyphilips.typepad.com)
- Vivian Trill Responds to AmbergrisCaye.com Human Trafficking Blog (bettyphilips.typepad.com)